Looking after your home is a joint responsibility. We are responsible for most, but not all repairs.
It’s your responsibility to take care of your home and to report any repairs or issues as soon as possible and allow us access to your home to undertake any necessary repairs.
Some repairs are your responsibility under the terms of your tenancy agreement.
Below we have set out your repair responsibilities and those we are responsible for as your landlord.
- Your responsibility
- Blocked sink, bath, shower or toilet
- Replacement toilet seat
- Lost key
- New bulb for lighting inside your home or for your security lighting
- Broken/smashed windows
- Fixtures and fittings (e.g. curtain rails)
- Minor cracks to plaster inside your home
- Pest control (e.g. wasps, mice or squirrels)
- Replacing a blown fuse
- Decorating the inside of your home
- Lighting in communal entrance or landing
- Blocked guttering*
- Window won’t close or open
- Broken shower (which we fitted)
- Leaking roof
- Loss of power
- Problem with your hot water or heating
- Decorating the outside of your home*
- Repair tap or kitchen unit
- Misted glass in windows*
- Damaged electrical socket (except fair wear and tear)